Friday, 25 May 2007

I've been Tagged

By the lovely and fabulously talented Rachel Richter. I get to bore everyone with my answers to these 5 questions.

1. Four of my favourite jobs
2. Four of my favourite local places
3. Four of my favourite foods
4. Four of my favourite international places
5. Four name's of people I am tagging

So here goes...

Four of my favourite jobs
1.I loved being an Early Childhood Teacher. My favourite teaching job was at Haileybury andI taught there for 7 years until I left to have Max. I loved being part of a school, having the same group of children every day and working with people who valued early childhood education as much as I did. They didn't see it as 'babysitting'.
2.I love what I do now. I'm just Mummy to Max and Jemima and while it's definitely the best job in the world, I just wish the pay was a little higher. Then again, how do you put a $ value on hugs and kisses?
3. I loved working at Monash University in the Bookshop during school holidays. I thought all the Uni students were sooooo cool and I'd spend my breaks pretending to be one of them. Being able to read more and more books was also a great reason to go to work everyday.
4. I've had lots of other jobs over the years but none of them stands out as being a 'favourite'.

Four of my favourite local places
1. I love the Dandenongs. I love being able to drive for 10 minutes and being in the midst of the mountain and all it's little 'villages'. It's a nightmare on the weekends, people absolutely everywhere, but during the week it's really only locals that are around.
2. I love Ferntree Gully National Park. It has some lovely walks and a fabulous playground. Max and Jemima could be there all day.
3. I love my house. I guess it's about as local as I can get. I love the way people tell me they feel at home and comfortable when they come over. It's not perfect by any means, but it's ours.
4. I love 'Ripe'. It's a funky little cafe up in Sassafrass. We went there on Mother's Day. They have THE best hot chocolate in the world, made with grated Lindt and hot milk. Mmmmmmm

Four of my favourite foods
1. I love love love roast potatoes, especially the way Jan does them.
2. Chocolate, but then that's pretty predictable.
3. Indian from Miss India in Brisbane...yum!
4. Mexican food

Four of my favourite international places
1. I love New York. We were only there for 2 days but I've felt this longing to go back ever since. There is so much to see and do and I just want to go back and experience it all.
2. Scotland. It was the middle of winter, cold and snowy and I just fell in love with it. Maybe it's because Mum is Scottish and I feel some sort of connection with the place.
3. Fiji. The people are SO friendly. It's a great place to relax and recharge your batteries. Everything runs on 'Fiji Time'. My kind of place.
4. London. I have so many family members to spend time with there. It has to be on the list.


Four names of people I am Tagging
Penni
Dani
Kath
Jacquie

1 comment:

jan said...

Hey you know those potatoes are really easy to do!! and if you come up to Brissy for Miss India then I'll show you how to do them, wink, wink!! janxx