Grandparents.
I love them. I really wish I'd had the opportunity to spend proper time with my grandparents when I was growing up. Watching Max and Jemima with their Nana and Poppy is just priceless.
This little piggy.
Jemima is in love with this little animatronic pig that belongs to Aunty Nicole. It grunts, wiggles its nose and tail and walks along the floor. She is obsessed with it and her favourite thing all weekend was to lie on the floor and get her face as close as she could and let the wiggling pig nose tickle hers. It was so cute to watch.
Musical geniuses? Somehow I don't think so.
Riding on Poppy's tractor
It was all Max could talk about on the way up to Charlton. He asked when we got there, he asked when he got up in the morning. "When can I help you drive your tractor Poppy?" If there is one thing that Max loves about going up to visit Nana and Poppy, it's riding on the tractor. Luckily for Max, Poppy is very obliging, he even lets Max steer by himself. Even though she is very unsure of the noise the tractor makes, Jemima had a couple of turns this time. She wasn't too thrilled when she first sat on Poppy's knee, but once the old Massey got moving, Jemima calmed down and seemed to enjoy chugging along. Well...maybe she just wasn't crying as much. She did clap though, so that's a good sign.
Finally...
I've finally started scrapping some of the old photos to put together in a Heritage album for the kids. My aim is to put together photos from both sides of our families and create a book of history that can hopefully be kept for a long time after we're gone. I started with a couple of photos of Marj, they aren't finished yet, but I thought I'd add them to this post anyway.



7 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I love that sponge roll! Max & Mima look gorgeous at the piano - Mima's hands look like the correct poise for playing the piano. What a crackup with Mima and the pig...I laughed at the pictures. It's lovely spending time with family and seeing the kids interact with their grandparents. As you said....priceless. Mwah xxx
It sounds like you had a lovely time, wish we could of been there too! And you would rub it in about the sponge roll, god I love those, Mum certainly makes the best I've ever had!!
Love the photos of the kids on the piano, Poppy's tractor and Mima with the pig, so cute.
Sharon, those layouts look gorgeous, that's a fab idea to do all the old photos, just beautiful!
You're a clever chicky!!!!
It sounds like you had a lovely time, wish we could of been there too! And you would rub it in about the sponge roll, god I love those, Mum certainly makes the best I've ever had!!
Love the photos of the kids on the piano, Poppy's tractor and Mima with the pig, so cute.
Sharon, those layouts look gorgeous, that's a fab idea to do all the old photos, just beautiful!
You're a clever chicky!!!!
Oops sorry, don't know how I did that twice.
Drool..check out that sponge roll, yum!
Sounds like it was a great weekend.
Love the pic of Jemima with Poppy - very sweet. Sponge roll looks delish. Glad you had a fab weekend. xxxx
Wow! A heritage scrapbook is a fabulous idea and those 2 pages look divine. Gosh you're a talented girl
Post a Comment