Sunday, 15 June 2008

Retreat! Retreat!

A weekend of pure bliss and now I'm home. The Scrapbook Scene had our first Retreat this weekend and it was sensational. It started at 2pm on friday and ended at 5pm today. We stayed at The Country Place in Kalorama up in the Dandenong Ranges which is only 20 minutes from my house which was even nicer. The food was absolutely amazing and the company of 34 other scrapaholics like myself was just what the doctor ordered. It was lovely to be able to just work on whatever we wanted to and leave it set up all over the table (and the floor) and not have to keep packing it away. I managed to finish 11 layouts and I'm pretty happy with most of them. I loved being able to use all the things in my stash without having to think about classes for the shop or design team projects. I had a list of all the elements I wanted to incorporate into layouts, grungeboard, felt, chipboard, stitching etc. I manged to do most of them in one form or the other. I can't wait for the next one.

Anyway... here are the projects from the weekend ...

















5 comments:

Felicity said...

Yay, So glad you had a fantastic time, wished I could have made it to this one. Hopefully I will be there next year. Love your layouts and well done on getting so many done.

jan said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous layouts Sharon, as always. I'm glad you had a great time, you got heaps done! So nice too that you got to do stuff for YOU! It gets to be a bit of a pita doing design team / class stuff all the time, so great to do your own thing.
Love them all as per usual!

Dani said...

They're gorgeous Sharon. I especially love the circle one. Just divine. The retreat sounds fantastic. I'd love an hour away from my mob, a whole weekend would be unimaginable bliss. Even more so a whole weekend of crafty, not packing up fun!

Danielle said...

hey threre stranger, so glad to hear your getting some time out. The weekened sounds fabulous and just what you needed.

I just saw your photos over on Claire Bremners blog..I can't believe how big the kids are now. She did an amazing job, your all beaming with joy, can't wait to see them scrapped.

Ruth said...

Wow Sharon, love the layouts. That robot one is cool and i'm fascinated by the little foam? bits. Is it foam? Not felt? Anyway sounds like you had a well deserved lovely time.
I still aspire to be like you in your power scrapping mode. I 'm working on it but currently am still as slow as a turtle. Hope you'll have time for a crafty night while you are up this way.
xx
ruth.