
I knew my Jemima would be a different kettle of fish to her big brother Max, but it's amazing to see the differences between the 2 sexes at the same age. When Max was the age Jemima is now, 16months, he was already obsessed with cars. He would point at them in the shops, drive them along the floor and say 'broooom'. The obsession hasn't ended, he just has a bigger collection.
A couple of weeks ago, the kids went to a birthday party and came home with a bag each absolutely filled to the brim with treasures and treats. Max had monster finger puppets, a spiderman figure, a toy car, a rubber ball, lollies, a punching balloon, a rubber snake, honestly it was more stuff than I have ever seen in a 'lolly bag'.
Jemima had a bag filled with just as much stuff, but Girly stuff. Plastic bangles, little pony figures, rings, lollies, glitter glue, bubble mix and a string of beads. Pink plastic beads. Now I don't wear jewellery apart from my watch, a bangle and my rings, I'm just not a bling person. I don't even change my ear-rings. Jemima on the other hand, has shown already that she is a Girly Girl and she loves bling. When we got home, the first thing Jemima pulled out was the string of beads and she put it straight over head and around her neck. Next, she put the bangles on her wrist and she spent the next half hour or so prancing around the house with her wrist held up so her bangles wouldn't fall off. It's so funny to watch her. The string of beads has become a favourite and 'Missy' puts them on every morning and she wears them all day.
For Christmas, Steph and Keely gave Jemima a gorgeous little back pack with Play School's 'Fairy Jemima' on it. For the last few days, Jemima has wanted to wear it. She puts things inside and then hands it to me so I can put it on for her. It's very cute. Today she had a spoon, 2 Peekablocks and a hairclip inside and she had a ball taking them out and putting them back in her bag.
Tonight after her bath, Mima came out of her room in her pyjamas with her favourite pink beads around her neck. She found her backpack and wanted it on and she then spent the rest of her evening wandering around the house with her beads, her bag and a fairy wand. I think she's going to be a Girly Girl






3 comments:
Jemima sounds just like Ruby. It's so funny how the sexes take on particular traits, likes and dislikes isn't it Sharon? Everything for Ruby these days is pink, you ask her a question, like "what yoghurt do you want ruby; which towel Ruby; which knickers, the answer is always pink. She even answers with pink to things that don't even come in the colour!
Your family is gorgeous Sharon, Emxx
Mima looks SO cute. Happy to see the backpack in use..great size for her. She is like Keely with her "jewels". I miss them both heaps. xxxxx
Oh she's a cutie. I think she's even more girlie than Ella, who's favourite colour, flavour, taste, etc is all pink, lol. That's so cute she loves her bag and jewels so much. Look out, you'll have to keep up with her now.
Post a Comment