
I took Max and Jemima to the Playschool Concert today with our friends Steph and Keely. Keely is Max's bestest friend and Steph is Jemima's Godmother. To fit around all our other commitments during the week, we booked tickets for the Frankston show at 12.00 today. A bit of a drive from here, but that's part of the adventure. So with 3 carseats loaded in the Discovery, we headed off for the day. The kids had a ball. Jemima was very excited and only wanted to run and run and run when we got there. She was like the proverbial 'sack of weasels' until the show started and then she was mesmerised. So much so that she fell asleep on my lap during Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Max and Keely each chose a little toy to take home. Keely chose a little 'Jemima' doll and Max chose 'Humpty Dumpty'. Jemima got a gorgeous book about Jemima the doll dressing up. It's handy having a daughter with the same name as a character, she gets personalised books! I don't think Max sat down for any of the show, he stood and watched intently, joining in with the songs when he knew them and calling out at appropriate moments. It was gorgeous.


After lunch we took the kids for a picnic lunch at a fabulous park on the foreshore where we tried to fend off over-zealous and hungry seagulls. The kids had a play on the equipment and soon it was time to head home. It was funny to turn around when we pulled in the driveway to see 3 sleeping children in the backseat. If my camera hadn't run out of batteries I would have taken a photo.
2 comments:
Sounds like you all had a great time!
I would love to do something like that with Ella & Hudson, I think they would absolutely love it.
and how lovely to have 3 sleeping children when you got home :)
Post a Comment