Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Where does the time go? Seriously, I feel like I'm stuck in a vortex and some days the time just flies by at supersonic speed and other days feel like everything is happening in slow motion. Why is it that the good days fly and the bad days draaaaaaaag? It's not fair.

To say that life has gotten in the way of blogging is an understatement. It's not that I haven't wanted to blog, but every time I sit down to load photos and type some words, I run out of time or I get interrupted. I must admit though that I'm not very good with time management, especially making use of those little windows of time between dropping children off and picking them up and reading at school and kindergym and playgroup and kinder etc... It's actually nice being in the midst of school holidays despite the fact that the kids are getting on my nerves slightly. It's nice to not have that insane rush in the mornings and having to make sure that there is lunch box food and clean uniforms and readers read etc... We've managed to catch up with some friends, get some jobs done around the house and have some lazy pyjama-wearing-movie days and even though it's been busy, it has been nice to set the pace myself for a change. Last week the kids were both sick with colds and fevers and Max even managed to score a nice dose of conjunctivitis just to top it off, but we survived.

Things at work have been coasting along. I haven't really had much mojo for scrapping but I'm hoping it's just waiting to burst forward, especially seeing as the Retreat is only 4 weeks away. 2.5 days of child free scrapping bliss. All my meals cooked for me, no housework, no-one asking me to do anything for them. everything done on MY time schedule.

Well....not much more to share today. The kids have a friend over to play and I really should make the most of the peace and quiet and get dinner started.

And just because a post isn't a post without photos, here are some layouts from the past few weeks. I have more the add but I left my card reader at a girlfriends' house and can't upload anything at the moment, so these will have to do.










2 comments:

Felicity said...

Beautiful work as always. Looking forward to 2 days of non stop chatting and scrapping. Oh and someone else cooking and cleaning up the mess ;)

Michelle said...

Your back. Yipee. Cant wait for the retreat. Counting down the days. Bring on cowboys!!!!!!!!