Sunday, 30 September 2007

Goodbye...and hello!


Well time has slipped on by yet again in between blog entries. I swear I get swallowed up in a time vortex sometimes and before I know it a few weeks have sped by. Before I even told you I was going away, I'm already back. So here's the story...

Since I blogged last I was blessed with 4 delcicious days up in QLD with my beloved SIL Jan and my favourite Brisbane Babes ; Gayle, Megan, Ruth, Kath, Anita as well as the divine Princess Kirsty who flew up with me and held my hand as the plane took off. The purpose of our little sojourn was to scrap and eat and drink and scrap and eat and drink and scrap and eat and drink and well... you get the picture. Anita doesn't scrap, although I think we may have turned her towards the dark side. Instead of scrapping Anita makes the most beautiful jewellry so she was surrounded by beads and bling all weekend and taking orders from the jewellry junkies. Kirsty makes amazingly creative ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) and she just wowed us with her gorgeous work.


Jan organised the entire weekend for us and it was brilliant! She found a gorgeous house in Maleny in the Noosa hinterland and were treated to a weekend of just being Girls....not someone's wife or someone's mother. Even though we missed the kids and the husbands it was bliss not having to be responsible for anyone but ourselves. It was a wonderful weekend full of laughter and frivolity as well as some serious scrapping. I managed to complete 12 layouts and I think the main reason for such productivity was being surrounded by so many talented women. The creativity in the room was electric at times and I think we were all thrilled with what we managed to achieve.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous weekend away with an amazing bunch of ladies. I love all the work that came out of the weekend. You go girls....Mwah xxxx

Dani said...

You're a clever bunch. Sounds like you had a blast. We of the less talented variety are happy to live vicariously through you : )