So here goes, one of many to come.
Fathers' Day
As you will all know, Sunday was Fathers' Day. A day for telling Dad how much we love him and celebrating everything wonderful about those men in our lives. I'm determined to avoid the hype and hooha associated with the commercialisation of Fathers' Day dispite the absolute barrage of catalogues that made their way into my house over the past few weeks. It's Andrew's favourite time of year, all the junk mail is just for him to drool over and dream about which 'toy' he would like the children to give him. I think he was genuinely disappointed that his many hints relating to an enormous Plasma screen TV that stared out from the pages of the Harvey Norman catalogue fell on deaf ears. I think it will be a while before the kids' pocket money will be enough to cover a $10,000 television.
Max and Jemima both made a special present for Daddy when they were at Occassional Care. It was a lovely poster with a photograph of them, a handprint and a little poem about Father's Day. They were hung on the wall in the dining room all day, now they're in the study, taking pride of place above the computer. Max made a door hanger and some chocolate chip cookies for Daddy, it was a miracle the cookies made it until sunday really, I kept finding Max trying to peel open the parcel because he was hungry.
I made a book for Andrew celebrating his role as a Dad. I filled it with lots of journalling and photos of him and the children. It's something he can take overseas when he is travelling for work and remember how much we love and miss him.
The kids wore special tops with 'My Dad Rocks' emblazoned on the front, Max thought they were ace. I gave Andrew some much needed t-shirts, including this one...it's his favourite he says...




1 comment:
I love the picture of Max & Jemima in their TShirts, very cute. Sounds like you had a lovely day and Drew got spoilt!
Post a Comment