Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Snow Bunnies


We had been planning to take the children to the snow all winter and we just never seemed to find the right time, if we didn't make plans soon there would be no snow left! Finally, I convinced Andrew to take a day off work and we headed up to Mount Baw Baw for the day. Max had a great time, Jemima on the other hand wasn't too impressed with the fact that snow is cold....and wet. Last time we went to the snow Max was about 20 months old and I was pregnant with Jemima, so it was nice not to feel like a waddling penguin as I crunched my way through the snow trying very hard not to fall over. Max loved the toboggan and I think he would have spent all day going up and down the hill if we had let him. Jemima had a few turns but she wasn't particularly thrilled with the ride which meant Max could have it all to himself. He was actually really good at doing it all himself so next year I think we'll get 2 toboggans and just leave him to it.


Jemima was much happier after lunch and she just pottered around in the snow while Max and I made a snowman. It wasn't as easy as I remembered from last time, it was very hard packed snow so it took some work to loosen enough to mold into shape. We had left the carrot for his nose in the car but luckily there was a little piece of wood we could use instead.






The trip home wasn't as easy as the trip up the mountain, I must confess to feeling a little bit carsick with all those twists and turns. Thankfully neither Max nor Jemima were bothered by it, just Mummy.





2 comments:

jan said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day. I love the snow but is much nicer to have the new soft fluffy stuff. Your snowman looks cute and so do Max & Mima in their snow outfits!!

Anonymous said...

The kids look very cute in their snow suits and hats. The weather looks perfect - blue sky. Max looks like he had a ball with the Toboggan. I love the snowman - excellent work. Showed Keely and now she wants to head off to the snow and build a snowman!!!! Nice pictures for you to scrap. Mwah xx