Monday, 11 August 2008

Day One



I'm seeking inspiration and motivation, mainly in my daily life but also in terms of artsy fartsy scrapbooking/quilting life too. I think it's the time of year that seems to sap all my energy and creativity. It's freezing here, it's wet, I've had a cold for over a week and it's starting to annoy me! I have a million ideas in my head for things I want to do but I lack the motivation to actually get things done. Things fall out of my linen cupboard and hit me on the head every time I open the door, but have I cleaned out the cupboard and reorganised things? No. I have hundreds of dollars of scrapbooking materials here and a notebook full of ideas and plans but have I sat down and completed anything that wasn't work related lately? No. I have all the fabric for Jemima's quilt here, washed, ironed and ready to go, but as you can guess, I haven't started it yet. I've had the fabric since January!!!!!!

So, this little blog challenge I've issued myself is an attempt to break out of the cycle.

I've also decided to start Jemima's quilt on thursday while the kids are kinder/occassional care and hopefully have the top finished by the end of the day so that I can then start quilting it while I watch telly at night.

I've booked in for this workshop in the hopes of giving me the inspiration I need.

The linen cupboard will probably just have to wait. I'm very good at procrastinating.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Hello, hello. I know I think I got the slack blogging bug too. Life jsut gets so crazy and once you come online you just loose track of time and there goes your day/night and you don't get what you wanted to do finished.

Glad to see your blogging again, I'm doing my very best to keep my blog up to date, no more slackness. I can't wait for a post a day. We need more pics of those gorgeous kids.

Georgia said...

Hello, hello. :-D Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Jemima's quilt.

Anita said...

Spending time with creative people always helps with the inspiration. I know I always leave inspired when I spend time with all you scrappers, it's a wonderful feeling.

Dani said...

There's something about this time of year that makes me kick myself up the butt too. I think it;s the bitter cold and damp but the promise of spring on the horizon. I'm glad you've started with a blogging marathon : )