Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Birthday Boy

He went to bed as a 4 year old and he woke up on Tuesday October 28th as a 5 year old. I had been told for months that turning 5 was a pretty big deal. I think it must be the kindergarten equivalent of an 18th birthday, well it seems that way anyhow. He started the day by opening his presents in our bedroom which has become a tradition mainly because if I left them anywhere else in the house he'd get up and open them without us! We were so thrilled that Jan, Ella and Hudson were in Melbourne to help Max celebrate his birthday, it was fabulous have a house full of kids when presents were being opened. Andrew made the traditional Mickey Mouse pancakes with sprinkles for breakfast and we got ready for Max's birthday party. He had a party with friends a playcentre with THE most amazing collection of slides I have ever seen. I was worried it might have been too challenging for a bunch of 5 year olds but they absolutely loved it. I made an Alien cake for Max as per his request and we made mini one-eyed alien cupcakes to take to kinder. All up I think he had a great day and that's really all that matters.














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My special boy, how grown up he looks. I can't believe they are 5 either....where has that time gone.....His birthday party was fabulous, the playcentre, when we go there....was brilliant, so nice to just have Max's party and for the kids to run wild. He looked very happy at his party with his family and friends. Great to see Jan, Ella and Huddy too. Very special. Love you lots Max xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Ooops...forgot to add, your cakes are ace and I am hiring you to make Keely's next year!!!!! :)

Ruth said...

I've got to say, that's the cutest darn alien I've ever seen!

Anita said...

5 IS such a big deal. So glad Max had a great day. *Sniff, sniff* our boys are growing up too fast xxx

jan said...

It was a fab Birthday party and we were so glad we could be there to help Max celebrate. Ella and Huddy were so excited and loved every minute of the time we had with you guys, miss you!