Monday, 10 November 2008

Birthday Girl

Last night this little girl went to bed as a 2 year old and woke up 3! To say she was excited about her birthday is an understatement. She had watched her brother have a birthday just 13 days ago so she had a rough idea about to expect....basically presents, cake and a party! Today we had a fairly quiet day, Jemima opened her presents and Daddy made the traditional Larmour family Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast, with sprinkles! This afternoon we took her to Cold Rock for birthday ice-cream and Jemima and Max loved watching the process of their lolly choice being mixed in with their ice cream. Needless to say they didn't eat much dinner tonight.


Yesterday we had a birthday party for Jemima at home. I had originally thought Jemima would like a girly fairy party but she had other ideas. Jemima decided weeks ago that she wanted and Cowgirl and Cowboy party so that's we had. We invited about 20 children to come and celebrate and by the looks on their faces for the entire time they were here, they had a ball. Max and Jemima were so tired at the end of the day that they were fast asleep by 6.15pm and that was after stringing them out with a light dinner and relaxing bath so that they weren't in bed by 5.30.

We wanted to do something special for her and hired a children's entertainer to come and do face-painting (or arm painting/tattoos), a magic show and make balloon animals. Jemima got to be the Magician's Assistant and she performed her duties fabulously. I really wish I had the video camera instead of the SLR out yesterday because her reactions were priceless.






I know I still have lots to update the Blog with. Max's birthday especially. It's almost midnight now so I'll leave that for tomorrow. I've also got some scrapping to show and the Scrapware Gingerbread House I made for a class this coming Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where does one begin.....what a treasure Miss Jemima is, looks like she had a fabulous day on Monday...did she love her new baby doll? Has she played with her much? Yummo to the Mickey Mouse pancakes, they look delicious. Jemima had the best day on her birthday, as did all the other kids...and adults. We loved BeBop and her face painting/arm painting is the best I have seen and that Magic show....loved it, just as much as the kids. Jemima was priceless and a fabulous assistant. Jemima, love you lots, your a very special girl xxxx

Ruth said...

oh my gawd! Doesn't she look so grown up! Brilliant idea for the cake too.

jan said...

Looks like she had a fabulous party, so wish we were there to help her celebrate. Huddy started crying when he saw the photos because he wanted to be there, he loves his 'Mima'. She looks sooo cute in her little Cowgirl outfit and so grown up, sob, sob.