Monday, 24 November 2008

A few days away

We took the kids up to see Nana and Poppy after I finished work on Saturday and came home tonight. I haven't been up to Charlton for so long especially with working Saturdays so it was nice to have a relaxing weekend before the crazy Christmas season starts in earnest. Max and Jemima were thrilled to have a ride on Fergie the Tractor with Poppy and although Mima isn't a fan of the noise of the engine, it didn't take her long to uncover her ears and enjoy the ride.




Every time we've been to Nana and Poppy's. the kids have to have a turn on the swing. It's a little Fisher price swing a girlfriend gave me when Max was a baby. We didn't have anywhere to hang it up at our house so we took it up to Charlton in the hopes it would get some use when the kids came to visit. All of the grandchildren love the swing and Poppy always manages to get conned in to pushing them 100 times, even Max managed to squeeze himself into the seat to have a turn. Jemima was having such a lovely time enjoying her turn that she fell asleep! She slept for about 30 mins and woke up in the worst mood which is hardly surprising considering how sore her neck would have been after sleeping like that!


2 comments:

brazen's crafts said...

lol that's so sweet!

Ruth said...

ok, well that's it, I'm just going to have to go and visit your in-laws. After hearing Jan's stories and now yours I'm really really wanting a ride on that gorgeous red tractor.
I'll forego the swing though, cause I'll probably end up just like Mima but at my age i probably won't be able to lift my head ever again. Hope all the kinks are out by now. xx
ps oh and i'm glad you chose Minty, that'w what I was favouring too :)