Wednesday, 7 February 2007

Jam Sandwiches?

You're probably wondering what on earth this blog has to do with jam sandwiches. Well, it's like this...I sat here for ages trying to of something really cool to name this little adventure, but alas, nothing came to me. Maybe it's because I'm the least cool person I know. One of my girlfriends has a blog called Eglantine's Cake. Her name isn't Eglantine and I have no idea what the cake is all about, but I like the way it sounds.

Anyway, back to jam sandwiches...I was trying to think of a way to combine our names seeing as this blog is all about us and the only word I could make out of our initials was 'jams' - Jemima, Andrew, Max and Sharon. Max had a jam sandwiches for lunch today and so developed the name of this blog. The hill part came because I couldn't register plain old 'jamsandwiches' as the address and seeing as we live on a hill, well the rest is pretty self explanatory. Maybe jam sandwiches taste better on a hill? Who knows?

Anyway, welcome to our blog. I should really say 'my' blog because I'll be the one doing all the work no doubt. I'm starting it because of something my SIL Jan said to me a few weeks ago. She said she started their blog partly as a way to keep in contact with people but also as a kind of online diary, a way to record memories and preserve a little piece of what life is like right now. I really like that idea, so here we are.

I'll be back later to try and navigate my way around adding some photos and writing a proper post.

Mwah xx

4 comments:

jan said...

Love the name - very very cute. I'm glad to see you have moved with the times love!! and can't wait to read more and see some photos of those gorgeous children of yours, mwah xxx

Kathryn Woods said...

Hooray for you and hooray for jam sandwiches. Great name. Look forward to seeing more pics of you and your darlings. peace and love kath xxxx

Danielle said...

Jam Sandwiches on the Hill, I love it Sharon, It's perfect. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures on the hill.

Anonymous said...

Love the setup and look forward to seeing and hearing more adventures from the Larmour Family. I love the name, next time we come over Keely will have to have a jam sandwich. love....Steph xxxxx