We had an invitation to an engagement party arrive in the mail today. Some friends of ours who have been together forever are finally getting married. I'm yet to see the ring, but I've heard it's something to take your breath away. You know, the kind of massive diamond ring that your fiance can afford when you get engaged in your 30's as opposed to your 20's. *sigh* I can't even remember the last engagement party we went to. All our friends have been together forever. We are such a bunch of old farts!
The whole business of weddings sure has changed since Andrew and I got married 15 years ago. Our wedding was quite simple and unoriginal in comparison to what some people do these days. I'd hate to be trying to afford a wedding these days. I'm actually a bit scared about how much it will cost when Max and Jemima get married...not to each other of course because that's illegal...maybe they won't get married. Or maybe the trend will be for simplicity.
One thing that I thought was kind of cute cute, and probably not a bad idea, was a little something that came with the invitation to the engagement party. It was a flat fridge magnet with a little black and white photo of Caroline and Jason and written along the bottom was 'Keep the date free...September 28th 2007'. On the one hand it could seem kind of twee, but on the other hand, when they have family coming from overseas (Jason is English) and people need to organise bits and pieces, it's kind of a good idea.
So, we have a wedding to go to in 7 and a bit months time. At least I have time to find something to wear...and a babysitter!
Tuesday, 13 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Weddings are so exciting, how great that your friends are getting married after all that time. So the count down begins..
Ahhhh sweet sweet love. Nothing like it. I love weddings, and they'll have extra luck with their marriage getting hitched on Asha's birthday :)
I like the idea of those save the date cards too :)
Oooh I LOVE Weddings, great days filled with love and laughter.
I think the magnets are a cute idea, great reminders of the date for people.
Post a Comment