
Well today seemed easy anyway. It was easy to keep the kids occupied and that's what makes all difference sometimes. It was hot here in Melbourne today, hot hot hot. Luckily we have air conditioning but the kids still want to play outside and they annoy the living daylights out of each other if they're cooped up all day.



I saved some buckets of water from our showers this morning so that I could use the water in the clam shell and Jemima's water trough. Max and Jemima had a ball. We used Mima's red slide in the clamshell and had one side for sliding and the other for puddling. Jemima is such a water baby, she didn't want to wait for bathers and sunscreen and she can be so quick. Disposable nappies really do blow up when they fill with water.


No summer afternoon is complete without icypoles. Jemima savoured hers for just a little too long and it was everywhere, thank goodness for waterplay, she was clean pretty quickly. I can't say the same for the water trough though. Max has finally learnt how to push his icy pole up from the bottom. He's pretty proud of himself.

It's starting to get cloudy now. There has been thunder in the distance for the past hour. I love the smell of rain after a hot day. I'm hoping we get some decent rain. Our garden is really suffering at the moment. Hope the farmers get some good rain too.



No comments:
Post a Comment