Thursday, 26 February 2009

I want rain.


I want rain. Lots and lots and lots of rain.

I'm sick of this bushfire threat hanging over our heads. Tomorrow's weather forecast is for horrible high temperatures and northerly winds. Just like Black Saturday. The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development has closed all the schools and kindergartens in our area as a precaution against the threat of fire. Not so much that the school is in danger, but to make things easier for families should the need to evacuate arise and pretty much 'just in case'. They were advised by the CFA, SES and 'other authorities'. The media coverage of the recent bushfires is still fresh in the minds of the kids and they're worried that houses will burn down and people will be hurt. Gosh I hope everybody is safe tomorrow. I know the CFA and DSE have been working so hard to create containment lines in danger zones but it's scary none the less.

So I want rain.

I want summer to end and I want cold wet weather.

Please.

2 comments:

Sharmaine said...

Thinking of you and the other Victorians today. Hope it is an incident free day and you all stay safe

Michelle said...

I agree, bring on colder weather, with lots of rain